To conclude National Bed Month, we’ve asked members of the Andersons team for their top tip for styling a bedroom. Here’s what they had to say...
1. “Create a luxurious look by layering different textures and mixing cushions in different shapes, colours and designs. Adding a throw always makes the bed look more dressed.” - Claire Sorrie
2. “Adding a chair in a coordinating fabric dressed with a throw or cushion is something that many people forget about. Don’t worry about mixing and matching décor - the accent chair can be traditional, modern or anything in between. Even if your space isn’t very big, a small cosy chair can really help to pull the whole look of your room together.” - Valerie Bruce
3. “I love adding layers to a bed to give the room an opulent feel. Various scatter cushion sizes helps achieve this look. I personally love using two 20” scatter cushions at the back followed by two 16” scatters, finishing off with an oblong at the front. I also like to layer two throws, one on top of the other, always starting with the larger throw on the bottom. Finally don’t be scared to mix the textures used - this adds to the depth.” - Fiona Keith
4. “If you are going for a patterned wallpaper on your bedroom walls, try to keep your bedding plain and build up the bed using textural throws / blankets and cushions keeping the look luxury, but cosy.” - Sally Smalley
5. “If you have the space, add a dressing table to your bedroom. Not only is this a practical piece of furniture, that increases your storage space, but it also adds to the luxurious feel. It gives you an extra surface that you can accessorise too, allowing you to really build up your style. A tray is a must-have for a dressing table, as it allows you to pull together a collection of smaller accessories in a very neat and stylish way - without creating any clutter.” - Kerry Rae
We have a wide range of beds, bedroom furniture and bed linen on display upstairs, ready for you to come and view. Our team will be on-hand to help and advise, and you can browse this department by clicking here.